I was shocked and devastated when I learned that Philip Seymour Hoffman had passed away. What an amazing talent, taken away from us far too soon. Truly my favorite actor, ever since I saw his heartbreaking performance in Boogie Nights.
Here are a few remembrances of him that I found to be particularly heartfelt and impactful:
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's Final Secret in Esquire
- PHS, RIP in Slate
- An Actor Who Made Unhappiness a Joy to Watch in NYTimes
- The Dissolve remembers Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's Genius in The New Yorker
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, 1967-2014 at Rogerebert.com
- Cameron Crowe and Fans Pay Tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman at /Film
- The Wrestler at Medium
And finally, a piece by Erik Lundegaard from 2006 that isn't a remembrance, but I think captures exactly what made Hoffman great.